Learn glaze chemistry & INSIGHT at the same time!
What is INSIGHT?
Why is INSIGHT the best?
Access the same data from all your computers
INSIGHT software for ceramic glaze chemistry calculations
Desktop INSIGHT for Windows, Linux and Macintosh: Understand ceramic glaze chemistry
There is a direct relationship between the
way ceramic glazes fire and their chemistry. INSIGHT is a calculation tool anyone can
use to learn and harness the power of ceramic chemistry.
- Fix problems like crazing, blistering, pinholing, settling, clouding, leaching, crawling, marking, scratching, powdering.
- Substitute frits or incorporate better, cheaper materials, replace no-longer-available ones (all while maintaining the same chemistry).
- Adjust melting temperature, gloss, surface character, color.
- Identify weaknesses in glazes to avoid problems.
- Create and optimize base glazes to work with difficult colors or stains and for special effects dependent on opacification, crystallization or variegation.
- Create glazes from scratch and use your own native materials in the highest possible percentage.
Without ceramic chemistry you'll never really have control and you could be a slave to the textbook recipe culture or suppliers.
Download: Windows (2013-6a), OSX (2013-6a), Linux (2013-6a)
The fastest, smallest, most reliable cross platform database is built in:
INSIGHT still supports all legacy format recipe files using a standard file open/save dialog (these can be stored on a cloud drive).
Missing the benefits of database, cloud storage or online access? It is time to upgrade/renew.
Insight-Live works online. Recipe and material management in your own account.
Insight has moved on-line!
This is really revolutionary!
Login and check pink box above.
It may be time to renew/upgrade your Insight to get access.
It costs only 3-8 cents a day!
- Premier access is automatic if you already have a current Desktop INSIGHT Level 2 or Site License key.
- Login to a private account or work with others in a group account (e.g. university).
- Nothing to install (access it using your web browser). It is always the latest version.
- Import existing material, recipe data (GlazeMaster, Matrix, HyperGlaze, GlazeChem, INSIGHT, Excel).
- Export everything to an SQLite database file so you can open it with desktop Insight.
- As many side-by-side recipes and/or materials as you want (chemistry is shown for all).
- Many ways to search and classify glaze and body recipes.
- Glaze and body recipes are robust, with units-of-measure, pictures with individual titles and descriptions, material links.
- Add variations to a recipe; each with its own pictures, descriptions and name/code-number extensions.
- Recipes can link to materials, typecodes, projects, firing schedules and physical test result data (all managed in their own areas).
- Standard reports and mix ticket reports with last-minute-totalling; variations report as if they are a complete recipe.
- Video tutorials, help system, contact form on every page, dedicated messaging and support ticket systems.
- It is an industrial-strength database system (unlimited capacity, fast, reliable, scalable).
On the iPad!
It works on any browser-equipped tablet or smart-phone (like iPad, iPhone, Android).
And it is available for a low monthly rate.
The Digitalfire Reference Database, the Power Behind INSIGHT
Digitalfire's Reference Database is a materials-centric knowledgebase of 4,000 pages and 11,000 interlinks with everything you need to know to formulate, adjust and
troubleshoot traditional ceramic bodies and glazes (and there is no advertising on the pages!) It is the online focus for all of our ceramic technology information gathering initiatives.
Its knowledge spectrum for adjusting, formulating and troubleshooting glazes and bodies is organized as:
Oxides, minerals, materials, recipes, articles, glossary, hazards, library, MDTs for INSIGHT, pictures, properties, firing schedules, significant temperatures, tests and troubleshooting.
Records in these areas are interrelated by 10,000+ links. The website talks to Level 2 INSIGHT and Insight-Live. Insight Level 2+ owners get extended access privileges.
What people are saying..About INSIGHT Software
"I am a BFA ceramics student who has just downloaded the trial version of your Insight software. What a great program!! "
"I am a Ceramic Engineering Student doing a COOP at Kohler Company until August. I have found INSIGHT to be very helpful on all of..."
Click here to see 377 more..
About Digitalfire Website
"LOVE your site! You have saved me a whole lot of work and research time with yo..."
Click here to see 146 more..
About glaze safety (are you concerned)?
"I have been doing a LOT of reading and learned of your software through the book Mastering Cone 6 G..."
Click here to see 11 more..